'Tis the season to be jolly! The winter chill has definitely crept in, and you can surely feel it, no matter which part of India you are sitting in. It's the season for hot chocolate, cosy sweaters, and of course a whole lot of partying. Whether you choose to snuggle in a winter jumper or step out in a glittery dress, one thing is for sure-your hairstyle needs to fit in with the vibe. Winter hairstyles are ones that can go from cosy to sexy, without the effort. They are comfortable, but best of all, they also amp up even the simplest of looks. Pair them with a warm and fuzzy sweater, sequin LBD, or even your Christmas morning pyjamas, these cool winter hairstyles are perfect for the last month of the year. Scroll down to see our picks of quick and easy hairstyles that snuggle into the winter vibe.
#1 - Tied-In Ponytail
Image courtesy - @alexgaboury on Pinterest
Delicate and doll-like, this hairstyle is straight out of a fairytale. Wear your basic ponytail with a velvet scrunchie bow-tie. Accentuate the ponytail with light curls at the ends-here's how you can recreate this look.
- Step 1: Start by sectioning your hair in thicker layers-apply Livon Damage Protect Serum to your locks and use a curling tong to create loose curls, only at the ends of your hair. Repeat through all sections.
- Step 2: Run your fingers through your hair to open up the curls. Pull your hair back into a neat ponytail and secure it with a hair-tie.
- Step 3: Tie in a bow scrunchie of your choice to add that glam touch.
- Step 4: With your hands, smoothen the rest of your ponytail and use your fingers to twirl the ends.
- Step 5: Finish off with Livon Shake & Spray Serum and you're good to go.
#2 - Ultra-Wavy Half Ponytail
Image courtesy - @chaisingdaisies on Pinterest
Ultra-wavy hair is the way to go this season! This hairstyle fits in well with every look-whether you're the warm sweater person or someone who is ready to hit the town this season.
- Step 1: Perfect for second-day hair, start by sectioning your locks into three parts-bottom, middle, and top. Starting with the bottom layer, section your hair into equal parts to make curling easier. Using a thicker barrel curling tong, begin creating those waves.
- Step 2: Repeat across the middle and top section too! Run your fingers through your hair to open up the curls and give it those soft waves.
- Step 3: Centre-part your hair and pull out two thick sections from the front of both sides of the parting.
- Step 4: Pull the rest of your hair back into a high half ponytail and secure it with a hair-tie. To give it that stylish touch, simply wrap the hair-tie with a section of hair from your ponytail and secure it with some bobby pins.
- Step 5: Tug the ponytail apart so that it flares across your crown. Add finishing touches by twirling the loose strands on the front of your face and setting them down neatly.
#3 - The Perfect Bubble Ponytail
Image courtesy - @alexgaboury on Pinterest
Pair your winter bubbly with a ponytail that passes the vibe. This hairstyle is an easy go-to for those lazy winter mornings too-it takes a few minutes, and you can't even tell!
- Step 1: Apply Livon Super Styler Serum to your locks and straighten them with a pair of hair straighteners.
- Step 2: Pull your hair into a ponytail-don't place it too high, just below the crown area would be perfect. Secure it with a fine hair-tie of your choice.
- Step 3: Divide your ponytail into equal parts and secure each part with a hair-tie. The number of 'bubbles' are dependent on the length of your hair.
- Step 4: Tug on each section between each hair-tie and fluff up the hair a little. Remember to not tug too much, or else it'll appear too messy, and the ponytail might unravel.
- Step 5: Soften this winter hairstyle look by pulling out a few strands from the front of your hair, onto your face.
#4 - Party-Perfect Messy Bun
Image courtesy - @kacy on Pinterest
Want to pull your hair into a quick bun, but don't want to look like an absolute mess? Here's the ultimate winter hairstyle that's meant for you!
- Step 1: Centre-part your hair and pull out a small section from the left and the right side of the parting. Brush your hair into a low ponytail and secure it with a hair-tie.
- Step 2: Mark the centre of your ponytail just above the hair-tie and create a gap. Loop in the end of your ponytail into that gap and pull it from the top of the ponytail, till it forms a small bun.
- Step 3: Wrap the rest of the hair that's sticking out, around the hair-tie and pin it together with a few bobby pins.
- Step 4: Moving on to the tendrils that sit on your face! Using a curling wand, create soft waves to these small sections, twirl them with your hands, and let them fall naturally on the front of your face.