This Privacy Statement applies to personal information collected by Marico.
Personal information is information related to an individual, or a combination of pieces of information that could reasonably allow an individual to be identified. Personal information may consist of full name, personal contact numbers, residential address, email address, gender or date of birth but can also include other information such as IP address, shopping habits, information about your lifestyle or preferences such as your hobbies and interests. While information such as date of birth in isolation may not be enough to uniquely identify an individual, a combination of full name and date of birth may be sufficient to do so.
Sensitive personal information is such personal information that is collected, received, stored, transmitted or processed by Marico, consisting of:
- User details as provided at the time of registration or thereafter
- Financial information such as Bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details
- Call data records
- Physical, physiological and mental health condition
- Sexual orientation; Medical records and history
- Biometric information
- Any detail relating to the above personal information categories as provided to Marico for providing service
- Any of the information received under above personal information categories by Marico for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise.
The ownership of the sensitive personal information collected in this portal lies with the individual collecting the information.
We may collect personal information on this Website voluntarily submitted by the user, including information we collect while performing business transactions and information we collect from other sources (as permitted by law).
Information collected directly
Personal information collected from data subjects listed in this portal will only be kept in order to conduct the required business, and for as long as the requirement was deemed at the time of data collection.
The information collected may be used for the following activities:
- Create and manage information for master maintenance
- Process payment for purchases or other services
- Protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions
- Enforce the terms and conditions of agreements, and otherwise lawfully manage our business.
- Suggest products or services (including those of relevant third parties) which we think may be of interest to you
- Offer you the opportunity to take part in competitions or promotions
- For the purposes of competitions or promotions that you have entered To send you information, products or samples that you have requested
- To respond to your queries or comments
- Evaluate the use of the Marico Web sites, products and services
- Analyse the effectiveness of our advertisements, competitions and promotions
- Personalise your website experience, as well as to evaluate (anonymously and in the aggregate) statistics on website activity, such as what time you visited it, whether you’ve visited it before and what site referred you to itm) help speed up your future activities and experience on the Marico Website. For example, a site can recognise that you have provided your personal information and will not request the same information a second time
- Collect information about the device you are using to view the Marico Website, such as your IP address or the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using, and link this to your personal information so as to ensure that the Marico Website present the best web experience for you.
We share personal information within Marico, and externally only as described below:
- Third-party service providers - We rely on third-party service providers to perform various services on our behalf such as a co-promotion or joint program with a business partner and share your information with that business partner. In order to perform these services, we may need to share personal information with them.
- Legal action and obligations - We may disclose personal information: (i) Where permitted by law, to protect and defend the rights and property of Marico (including enforcement of valid agreements). (ii) When required by law or public authorities.
- We may allow third parties, including business partners and ad networks, to display advertising on Marico website. Some of these companies may recognize your device through cookies or other technologies each time they send you an online advertisement. This enables them to understand where you, or others who are using your computer saw their advertisement and to deliver ads that they believe are of interest to you.
- We may disclose your personal information to identify you to anyone to whom you send messages via the Site. You may also disclose your own personal information on interactive services such as message boards, product reviews, question-and-answer pages, profile pages, and social network features offered by us or by third parties. Information you post or disclose through such interactive services may be available to the general public. Please exercise caution when deciding whether to disclose your personal information, location, or similar information via this Site.
We take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure and require any third parties that handle or process your personal information for us to do the same. We are committed to keeping personal information secure. We limit access to personal information only to those who have a business need. We keep personal information only for the duration of valid business requirements or as required by law. We provide our service providers with only the personal information they need to perform the services we request, and we require that they protect this information and not use it for any other purpose. Access to your personal information is restricted to prevent unauthorised access, modification or misuse and is only permitted among our employees, Service Providers and agents on a need-to-know basis. While our Site strives to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, Marico cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party hackers from illegally obtaining this information.
If you have questions, concerns or grievance regarding Marico’s privacy practices, please contact the Grievance Officer. The Grievance Officer shall respond to valid information requests and complaints within the statutory timeframe.
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Grievance Officer Name: Mr. Mayuresh Purandare
Company Address: Marico Limited, 7th Floor, Grande Palladium, 175 CST Road, Kalina, Santacruz (East), Mumbai – 400 098, Maharashtra, India.
Email address : Mayuresh.Purandare@marico.com
Contact telephone number : +91 9987236561
I acknowledge and agree to the terms contained in this data privacy notice, which shall be effective for the entire duration of my relationship with Marico as a user of this website and until Marico retains records of the captured personal information as specified above.
By using a Marico owned site, you are consenting to the relevant Marico group companies collecting, using and disclosing your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in this way, you are free not to use this website or otherwise provide Marico with your personal information.
Marico will only collect, use or disclose your personal information where it is fair and lawful to do so. You are not obliged to provide such consent but if you decide not to then your participation in certain activities may be restricted. Please note, however, that we may process your personal information without consent if we have a legitimate reason to do so, provided that such use will not have a prejudicial effect on your own rights, freedoms and interests. Any such use shall be in accordance with the Marico Privacy Principles set out abovE.